Time to Get Cooking!

So, as I am procrastinating making dinner why not write this blog post about our cooking meeting. Maybe I will get inspired! 


Monday's meeting was fantastic! Ali did an awesome job and had great handouts with tips, recipes, menu planning, and more. If you didn't make it to the meeting or you didn't take your handouts home, don't fret, you should get an email soon with the handouts attached. I highly recommend reading them!

The meeting started with a great mentor moment from Bunny. She reminded us that our husbands need a "stroke" every now and then. I found her talk to be very fitting for the cooking meeting because as they say, "The way to a man's heart is his stomach." And that couldn't be more true for my Nick. His love language is food and cooking him a meal is definitely a way to show him he is appreciated. 

Since Ali did such a great job with the handouts, I am just going to share a few tips I picked up at the meeting. 

- Publix will cook your fish or shrimp for you! You pick out what fish you want and they will cook it while you finish your shopping. 
- Crockpot liners save you from the dreaded cleanup. 
- Publix will roll their pizza doe out for you! 
- Tuesdays at Fresh Market is $2.99 a pound chicken breast and ground beef
- Let kids help pick out veggies at the grocery store and help cook them so they are more likely to eat them. 
- Start a small garden to get kids interested in eating things from the earth 
- Sharpen your knives often with a 2-stage sharpener 
- Don't over think it! 

There are plenty of nights my kids get breakfast for dinner or Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and a frozen veg. that I steam and sprinkle some cheese on so they try a bite or two. On those nights I just have to find another way to "stroke" my husband's ego! 😝

I picked the below flyer up from Publix today. I am definitely going to try it out next week! 


Time to get cooking,
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment