Be simple. Be sophisticated.

Today's meeting was fantastic! Our speakers were wonderful and the honesty everyone shared is what makes MOPS so special to me. 


I came home and emailed my mother-in-law. I shared the Momastery article with her and thanked her for her masterpiece (don't tell Nick I referred to him as a masterpiece, his head is big enough). I have a hard time with the fact that my family and Nick's family operate very differently. I try to remind myself that it all comes from a loving place, which is what matters the most, but I don't always act in the kindest or in the most sophisticated way. 

The article, which if you haven't read please do yourself a favor and read it now (link below), really hit me. I was a teary eyed mess when I read the last paragraph. I saved this quote in my phone, "Be kinder than necessary, being mindful that the piece of art it took her a lifetime to weave, her masterpiece, she gave to you, to keep you warm at night. One day you’ll give your masterpiece away, too. Be simple. Be sophisticated." 

As a mother of two boys the thought that one day I will have to let them go breaks my heart a little. I will do my best to think of the above quote when I find myself frustrated with my in-laws. 

Momastery link: http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/11/on-weaving-and-repentance-2/

Feeling humbled, 
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment