Love Isn't All We Need

We've done a lot of fun things since my last post so let me show you some pics in case you are missing out. You know you have to show up to get something out of this gig. We are missing you, too! My favorite thing is getting to know the newbies. So, come share your story!
We did a "play date" at IKEA- sipping coffee and walking through show rooms while my son enjoyed Small Land was fabulous (and dangerou$)
Claire hosted possibly the most fun girls night, game night!

Congratulations, Elise!

"Gymnastics class" at TNT, train park then La Nap!

Dinner and a movie- we ended up seeing "Molly's Game", which was really good!
We had a leadership meeting then a therapeutic play date at Chick Fil A. If you haven't thought about leadership for next year, I think there are a few spots available. This is a great way to get a bang for your MOPS buck. If my grammatical errors bother you, there's even a blog spot open! It's neat to see the behind the scenes for each MOPS meeting. You also get a vote for speaker topics for next year. Talk to a Jessica or Laurie for more info! 

I loved the speaker for our last meeting, Dr. Roxanne Louh. She talked to us about having a healthy marriage. This came at a PERFECT time for me! After dealing with a #mancold, I needed a pick me up! We do have higher expectations for our spouse. We should be waiting for times of non-conflict to have an important talk. Dr. Louh referenced Dr. Gottman a lot. Definitely add one of his books to your reading list! We often become so focused on parenting. We need more than love to make a marriage work. Remaining in love is a choice, not a feeling you always have. Learning love languages in important. Laugh! Don't criticize. Have something to look forward to (like our Valentine's date night this week!) Do you have a curious friendship with your spouse? Check out these hand outs. I love all the questions- do you really know him?


Whomever calls the time out, ends the time out. Have you ever been flooded? When you need a time out and can't empathize or even hear? That was me last weekend. During the meeting, I scheduled "wine on the porch" with my husband later that night after the kids were in bed. I didn't bring up any fights from the weekend. We just sat and relaxed together and I listened to all his latest stress. We ended up laughing and enjoying each other- just what we needed! Gotta protect that relationship! 
Mentor Moms rock!
Our biggest fundraiser is Shrove Tuesday! I'd say we had another successful party! Great job, ladies on all your hard work!
Serving breakfast for dinner on Shrove Tuesday!

Packed house!

Getting crafty!
I can't think of a better way to kick off Lent and Valentine's Day, then bringing Valentines to the residents of a nursing home. This is a great activity to do with little ones- a win-win! We had a play date last week- Pick a Park Friday to make Valentines. So, we had plenty to bring! It was so awesome making them smile!
Love!
Former MOPS mom, Kassie let us come out to the farm to help with some chores- feeding the cows and horses! What a great way to spend a non-MOPS Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment